Thursday, January 4, 2007

Welcome/Wilkommen/Bienvenidos/Bienvenue/Hi.

Unable to resurrect my old London blog, I have decided to renew my habit of writing about my international travels in a format which all have access to. So here it is. Yeah, it's pretty exciting.
What's the big deal, you ask? This is the big deal:

I'M GOING TO NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!!!!

A lucky combination of forces, an awesome friend and the ability to take time off work are all sending me to the southern hemisphere on January 11, back on the 29th. Provo and I will be surfing in Northland, tramping in Fiordland, getting tans, and logging a lot of hours on trans-Pacific flights. No, I can't afford it, but a friend recently told me "if you wait until you can afford to do something, it'll never get done." This is now my new motto. Money sucks, but even if you don't have any, you can make things happen.

So next Thursday it's don the backpack, board the plane, and put my passport to use for the first time in over 2 years. Glad you could come along for the ride.

Let the good times roll.

No comments: